Many people mean that the 18 months sleep regression of the baby is when they sleep soundly but then suddenly their baby woke up in the middle of the night and refused to take a nap This regression usually lasts for a certain period of 2 to 6 weeks. Then the baby will sleep with his normal pattern. Why must 18 months of sleep regression? Why should 18 months?
Each the sleep regression can be attributed for the physical and mental development of baby at a certain ages, the same is true for the 18 months sleep regression. At the age of 18 months old, the baby have a fast growths. But unfortunately, it also has a negative impact for their sleep patterns. At around the age of 18 months, his or her tooth growths can also cause the sleep regression. At that age, they will pull out four of their canine teeth and their molars. That is cause discomfort for them so that their sleep will also be disrupted. At the age of 18 months, you begin to separated he or she to sleep with you. That is cause their sleep disorders as well. He or she will wakes up at night, feels lonely and angry because you are not in his room.
At the age of 18 months, the child gets the freedom for himself. They have been able to feed themselves by using a spoon, drinking from a cup, building a castle with wooden toy blocks, and take off their clothes that they wore. All the 18 months sleep regression was hard and tiring. The one of simple reason is the discipline factor involved in regressions that did not exist in the previous situation. The lack of the sleep make the parents more stressful. It’s is called 18 months sleep regression.
Especially, at the age of 18 months old, your child tends to start rampaging and against you. The parents is also very influential. The pressure to face up your child’s behavior is tired.. Sometimes, when the child is able to take a nap, in the nights he or she will refuses to sleeps and invites you to plays, watch tv, or something that is not appropriates to be done at the night. And when their want is not obeyed, they will go berserk and shout loudly. Their stubbornness has began in this phase. And when he or she was able to sleep well at night, he or she would have refuses to take a nap. (Also read: Baby Sleep Regression )
We will share the 7 tips to resolve 18 months sleep regression, please consider this discourse well :
- Train your child to do something on schedule. Make a list of the tasks about what they should do. For example, wake up at 6:00 am, then continued with a morning shower and breakfast. You have to provided the nap time schedule, for example at 2 noon is the time to take a nap. Then when he or she has done all that well, you can give rewards of his or her with the favorite food at night.
- Play the lullaby song as their sleeping guide. The lullaby song are proved effective for overcoming the difficulty of sleeping for both children or the parents.
- You have to make the atmosphere of your child’s room to be comfortable, read a short story lullabies for your child. Create a room atmosphere like your child wants. Hug him or her, kiss him or her on the forehead and say good night for him or her.
- If your child does not want to take a nap, give him an offer to go to bed early in the evening, for example at 6 pm. It can reduce their risk of not being able to sleep at night.
- Offer snacks for them before they going to bed. It can reduce the potential hungery they feel. The hungery will make them awake from sleeps and be fuss. But make sure you tell him to brush his teeth after eating the snacks.
- Give the light sleeping in accordance with her or his favorites. In often, the children have a fear while sleeping alone at night. Give him or her a funny and exciting sleeping light, and give a soft light to accompany their sleep.
- Give they a simple advice. Give your child a simple advice before going to bed. Why did he or she need enough of sleeps, why she needed to rest, and talking about other positive things so he or she could understand.
Never ruin your hard work to do the 7 tips above. Because if you routinely to do that, you can resolve the hard time of 18 months sleep regression. You can be busy in running the office routine but give them your times. When you are busy, take a few minutes just to stop in his room just to caress him or her, kiss him or her, and listen him or her stories. Set your something that child on what can be done and what not to do. You have to train your child seriously so he or she will sleeps alone. In 18 months sleep regression phase, it is a very difficult phase. The child always wants to plays in the middle of the night, invites you to plays a dolls, plays a robots, set a blocks, eat the blueberries, or watches his favorite cartoon show. However, there are several other factors that may be used as reasons why that is can be happen :
- They feel anxious because his or her sleeps is separated from you. Your child will feel lonely, confuses, and scared. Sometimes the child imagines that when he or she sleeps alone, you will leaves him alone in the house and you will not return to meet him. This is most often the case when 18 months sleep regression.
- You have to convincing to them that they can be independent. Although sometimes they have misrepresent, maybe they think you do not love them anymore.
- You can not train to practice sleep patterns properly. You may be less assertive for giving his or her training and less the advice in order to sleep in a room alone. That’s because you feel sorry when hearing his or her cry.
- The night light makes your child feel scared. They may assume that in the middle of the night light they can see from the window will appear a scary monsters.
- It Influences of sleeping friend. Give her or his favorite dolls or favorite object to be her or his friends while they sleeping so they will not feel alone.
- The child may be playing in his room, they climbing the sleeping box. This is quite dangerous, so than that make the box safe and not too high.
- The other factors that may affect they sleep. They may miss you, or want to eat and drink milk.
- They want to play, but you have to continue your sleep because you have to charge your power to work the next day.
- Your child is being fussy, stubborn, and will not sleep. They often cry and roar to not sleep.
How do you think? Can this article help you with your 18 months sleep regression of you child? May be it useful. Good bless you.