Every parents would be happy if given a child. A child can give happiness to his or her family. Normally, the parents always want their children grow and develop well. Since the newborn the baby, until she or he grows up, the parents will always think about what is needed by the child.
In this article, we will discuss about the baby’s growth. The stage of being a baby is a very determine stage how a the physical and mental form in adulthood. So, you should not be careless for caring your baby. When the baby has born, the doctor and the midwives, and the parents will swaddling their babies with a soft and warm cloth. The function of swaddling the baby is that the baby feels comfortable and be calm. Because at the time, the baby must adapt to a new world outside his mother’s belly.
But, the most parents are confused, When to stop swaddling a baby?. OK, here we will give you the answer. The answer is no certain time to stop swaddling the baby. You can stop swaddling your baby whenever you feel it is the best time to do it. The most parents start to swaddling their babies since he or she births. Then it continues until the baby have 5th month old. In this 5th month old phase, the parents begin to think when the baby stops to swaddling. But not a few parents who also swaddling their child until he was 9 months old.
There a some tips for you to decide when to stop swaddling a baby, such as :
- Some people think that he or she stops to swaddling their babies when the babies is 3 to 4 months old. Although there is also a thought that before the age of 1 years old, the babies still in swaddling. When to stop swaddling a baby? Don’t stop to swaddling a baby too early. That’s because the baby still has a Moro reflex that will make the baby often surprised and easy to wake up from he or she sleeps. What is the Moro reflex? The Moro reflex always in the baby, the Moro reflex is an infantile reflex and normally it in all the newborns of baby at 3 or 4 months of age as a response to a sudden loss of the support.
- If your baby can be able to free your swaddle, this is the right time to stop swaddling your baby. And your question about when stop swaddling a baby?, is answered. But, when it happens intensely in every night, it is the certain time for you to stop swaddling a baby. Give the baby a soft and thick blanket so she or he will not get colds.
- If your baby is already prone to rolling his or her body while she or he sleeps, then it is the right time for you to stop swaddling his or her. Don’t swaddling the baby at all times because it will interfere with breathing. Swaddling the baby while she or he sleeps.
- When you want to go sleep, you have to train your baby to be calm by cuddling the baby. When the baby is able to calm down when you do that, and the situation could repeat itself, it is the time when you stop swaddling a baby.
So, when to stop swaddling a baby?. This is one of the most frequently asked questions by the young father for the old. And obviously, the most common responses is “The baby will tell you”. The most babies will tell you when they want to be free from his or her swaddle. When the baby starts to feel hot and be comfortable with the world, the baby will struggle to freeing his or her self from the swaddle. Just as when a baby refuses to straddle at a certain age. Usually between three and six months. The baby’s age begins to move their joints and develops a natural boost for longer sleep.
Many parents says that their baby often refuses to be swaddle. Then it is the right time when to stop swaddling a baby. Then some of them try to give she or she clothes and long pants that made of cotton There is also a opinion that at the age of six months or seven months old, their baby already feel comfortable to bathes, talking with the family and sleeps without swaddle. But he or she still using a warm blanket. Swaddling is the art of wrapping a baby with the warm blanket so that she feels warm and safe. It make the baby protected from something surprising. In addition, to help the baby to stay warm and soundly while sleeping. Swaddling can be used to help calm a baby when she or he after being immunized or when she or he just needs to feel something similar with the womb space.
When you want to swaddling your baby, you have to make sure that you know how to do it, so that the baby is not in pain. The correct of baby wraps can damage the baby’s joints and cartilage, and get the hip dysplasia. The hip dysplasia often occurs in newborns of the baby. The heredity, the breech birth and the wrong baby wrap can make baby get the hip dysplasia. To prevent the hip dysplasia, make sure that the bottom of the baby blanket is not too tight so the feet can be moved.
How to right swaddling the baby?
- Put a blanket on a flat surface, you have to folding in the top corner about 6 inches to form a straight line.
- Put your baby’s back on the top of the cloth at shoulder level.
- Bring your baby’s left arm down. Then, drag the end of the blanket that is near his left hand over his arm and chest, then slip it under the back of his right side
- Bring your baby’s right arm down. Pull the corner of the blanket near his right hand to his arm and chest, then tuck a cloth under the back of his left side.
- Folding the bottom edge of the blanket and slip it loosely on your baby’s back. Make sure both legs are bent and out of his body, his hips can moves and the legs apart.
So that is the tips and information from us about when to stop swaddling a baby, may be useful. Take care of your child. Don’t get a wrong step in keeping your baby grows. Good luck!